wildatlanticwayphotography.com

wildatlanticwayphotography.com
props

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Migrants Arrive

Well, what a great day. I saw my first swallows have arrived along with Redstarts and Black Redstarts - Spring is definitely here.


Redstart female you can just see the red tail


 I just managed to get this shot before it got too dark; unfortunately I didn't manage to get an image of a Swallow except for the the feather left behind after a quick preen following their long journey........










What I did see a lot of  today - and as I said last night heard croaking away - properly for the first time is  the Waikiki frogs. (We call them that because of their croak wahhh kee kee- it's not their real name )



It's not hard to get a good shot of these as they love to bask in the sun



You can really see the vivid green stripe that runs from nose to tail........


.

The smaller young ones are more cautious and will jump into the water, but that does not mean you can't get a good shot













                                                                           The eyes have it

I will go into more detail when I have time and tell you the types of frog we have in the pond and how to tell who's who; and, most importantly to the French, which ones you can you can eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment