wildatlanticwayphotography.com

wildatlanticwayphotography.com
props

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Well would you believe it

Today the whole post is given to shots of the Common Buzzard. I have been trying to get a decent image of one for a few years. They have only been back with us for the summer for a few weeks . So when this afternoon two flew over the garden I managed to get these images of one I was really happy, unfortunately is mate disappeared very quickly.







Then something strange happened - he lowered his undercarriage ( legs ) 




Then when I studied the shots I took I saw this coming out and realised it was having a number two........







I always thought that they did this sort of thing when on the ground.



These wonderful birds eat mainly rabbits, earthworms and carrion, you can see his talons are purpose made for seizing the rabbits.
A Buzzard is not well liked by our Kestrel's or Swallows and will mob them if they get to close, I will try go get a shot of this behaviour if possible so you can see them in action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment